Who we are & what we do
West Hoathly Parish Council consists of 11 elected councillors who serve for a four year term.
On behalf of the Parish the Parish Council owns and manages:
- North Lane Recreation Ground
- North Lane Public Toilets
- Finche Field and Allotments
- The Old Playground in Sharpthorne
- Land adjacent to The Bluebells, Bluebell Lane, Sharpthorne
Council Meetings are usually held on the last Monday of each month, except August - see the diary of meetings for more information.
Planning Committee meetings take place on the same day just before the Parish Council meeting. The Planning Committee reviews and comments on local planning applications made to Mid Sussex District Council.
There are 3 further committees that help manage the Parish assets whose meetings are also held on a Monday evening:
- Asset & Highways Committee meets 4 times a year and looks after the assets owned by the Parish Council as well as working with the County Council to seek ways to improve the Parish's roads and transport.
- Finance Committee meets twice a year to set the budget and carry out an end of year review
- Management Committee of West Hoathly Village Hall meets 3 times a year. and runs the Hall for which the Parish Council is Sole Managing Trustee.
All Council and Committee meetings are open to members of the public and begin with a public question time.
For further information relating to the services offered by the Parish Council please contact the Parish Clerk who will be happy to give advice and assistance.
Our councillors are elected or co-opted, if you would like to become a councillor or find out more about what they do then please contact the Parish Clerk.
Any co-option will be done using the Co-option Procedure.
West Hoathly Parish Council Governance
Along with Financial Regulations the way the Parish Council conducts business is outlined in the following policy documents
Parish Council Standing Orders - the rules and guidelines for carrying out Parish Council business
Appendix to Standing Orders to allow for meetings to be held remotely
Delegation of Council decisions to Committees and the Clerk
Councillor Code of Conduct
The Parish Council sets out a vision of what it would like to achieve during each 4 year Council term. This vision document is reviewed annually.
We have a part time Clerk to the Council who works with Mid Sussex District Council and West Sussex County Council to deliver the range of services provided. The Clerk can be contacted by phone or email.
Parish Clerk - Leanne Andrews
Leanne works part time and is available in the Parish Office on Monday, Tuesday and Thursday mornings between 9:00am and 12:00pm.
- Village Hall
- 01342 811301