Election of a New Parish Council in May 2023
MAKE A CHANGE, BECOME A LOCAL COUNCILLOR
- Do you want to make a positive difference locally?
- Would you like to influence decisions that affect your community?
- Are you willing to give up some of your time and play an active role helping to shape the area in which you live?
- Then why not stand for the May elections for West Hoathly Parish Council and help make decisions about how the Parish is run?
BECOMING A LOCAL COUNCILLOR
As a local councillor you can become a voice for your community and make a real change. Councillors are community leaders and represent the interests of the communities they serve.
Local councillors have three main responsibilities:
- Getting involved locally
. To be qualified to stand for election persons must:
- Be at least 18 years old
- Be a British citizen or a citizen of the Commonwealth or European Union and meet at least one of the following qualifications:
- Be a registered elector in the parish: or
- Have occupied as owner or tenant any land or premises in the parish for the preceding twelve months: or
- Have their principal or only place of work in the parish for the preceding twelve months
- Have lived in the parish or within three miles of it for the preceding twelve months
The May 2023 Local Elections will soon be taking place, if you are interested in joining, nomination forms and more details can be found on Mid Sussex District Councils website Upcoming Elections - Mid Sussex District Council
Completed nominations must be submitted in-person and by hand to Electoral Services, Mid Sussex District Council, Oaklands, Oaklands Road, Haywards Heath, West Sussex, RH16 1SS by appointment only.
Please contact Electoral Services: Tel: 01444-477003Email: firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible to secure your desired appointment date and time.
If you would like further information or have any questions, please contact the clerk via Email: email@example.com
Posted: Thu, 02 Mar 2023 15:39 by Leanne Andrews