CO-OPTION NOTICE- COUNCILLOR VACANCIES
Notice is hereby given that following the resignation of Councillors Anne Halligey, Jenny Edwards, and Claire Hilton, three vacancies have arisen in the Office of Councillor for West Hoathly Parish Council, and we invite applicants to apply for co-option.
To be qualified to stand for co-option persons must:
- Be at least 18 years old
- Be a British citizen or a citizen of the Commonwealth or European Union and meet at least one of the following qualifications:
- Be a registered elector in the parish: or
- Have occupied as owner or tenant any land or premises in the parish for the preceding twelve months: or
- Have their principal or only place of work in the parish for the preceding twelve months
- Have lived in the parish or within three miles of it for the preceding twelve months
A person is disqualified if they:
- Hold any paid office or employment to which they have been appointed by the Council
- Are the subject of a bankruptcy restrictions order or interim order
- Have within five years of the day of co-option been convicted of any offence and has had passed on them a sentence of imprisonment for a period of not less than three months (whether suspended or not) without option of a fine
- Have been found guilty of corrupt or illegal practices or have been responsible for incurring unlawful expenditure and the court orders their disqualification
Applicants should note that councillors are expected to attend regular meetings on Monday evenings.
Please send a brief synopsis about yourself, your reasons for wishing to be a councillor, previous community/council work, other skills that you can bring to the council, career, interests, etc. to reach the Parish Clerk, Leanne Andrews by email email@example.com or in writing to, Parish Office, Village Hall, North Lane, West Hoathly, West Sussex, RH19 4QG
by 9:00am on Thursday 23rd September 2021
Applications will be considered at the Parish Council meeting on the 27th September 2021 and applicants are invited to attend the meeting.
For further information please telephone 01342 811301 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Posted: Tue, 14 Sep 2021 11:22 by Leanne Andrews